Bedfont & Feltham 4-2 Kensington Borough

The Yellows moved off the foot of the Combined Counties Div 1 after their gutsy 2nd half performance brought them their 1st home win of the season.

The Yellows end the year with a win at The Orchard.

Goals from Jack Howard for the first with a powerful strike whilst on the run from outside the box. Second was Tunde Olowabi with a header from a well worked corner. We failed to convert another 2 key chances, and could have been 4-0 up in 20 mins and out of site. Then a rare Varron John mistake allowed for Kensington Borough to pull one back against the run of play, which was the turning point of the half. Our confidence wavered and it was then mainly Kensington Borough, who were also wasteful but did late on in the half pull it back to 2-2
The second half saw us refocuse and we got on top of the battle and looked the more likely to grab the all important 3rd. That happened with 10 to go as Charlie Gee broke through 1v1 and had a lot to do but finished excellently. Then 5 mins later Ed Scurfield broke through and excellently rolled the centre back and struck well across the keeper to the seal the points.
FT 4-2


Yellows make a point.


A fighting home performance from Bedfont&Feltham gained a valuable point from top three side Sheerwater FC in an entertaining game at The Orchard.


The Yellows welcomed 2nd place Sheerwater FC to The Orchard in a bid to try to get some more points on the board and to try to avenge the 9-0 humiliation they suffered at Sheerwater in early October.
The home side started brightly and in the first five minutes could have been two goals to the good after missing two really good chances with one being cleared off the line.
With manager Dan Huxley playing in midfield The Yellows continued to press and were rewarded when Ashley Nicholas fired home under visitors keeper Andy Rider to put the home side one up.1-0.
The game at this moment was being played at a frentic pace and both sets of forwards missed easy chances and particularly the visitors missing a couple of one on one's.
Keeper Farshad Ibrahimi was beaten 5 minutes later when following a goal mouth scramble Sheer's Chris Machay prodded home for the equaliser. 1-1.
Sheerwater were dominating play at this time and creating the better chances and took the lead on 44 minutes when Shane Rideout headed home to take a 2-1 lead into half time.
The Yellows emerged after the interval and upped the tempo and were rewarded when centre-forward Charlie Gee fired home a low drive from the edge of the box to bring the scores level again.2-2.
To be honest this game could easily have finished 5-5 but to the neutral it was an exciting game, and the Ground hoppers who had come down to the match(because several local matches had been called off due to pitch flooding)really had their monies worth in entertainment.
On 71 minutes Yellows Ashley Nicholas was sent off for a second yellow and the home side were reduced to 10 men.
During the last twenty minutes with several substitutions being made for the home side, keeper Farshad Ibrahimi made some great saves to keep the scores level.
With the home supporters shouting for time the referee finally blew his whistle and The Yellows had won a point in the 2-2 draw which could be crucial in the final run in.
Final Score 2-2.
A good gutsy display to take a point from a very good Sheerwater side and we wish them well for the rest of the season.
If we can keep up the progress and effort I am sure we can get ourselves climbing up the league table.
Our next game is at Staines Lammas on Saturday 23rd December. The Lammas play their home games at The Lord Lucan Pavilion in Laleham. and it will be a 2pm kick off.
On the 30th December we have our last game in 2017 when we entertain our ground share partners Kensington Borough in a Combined Counties Div 1 game at The Orchard 3pm kick off.
And finally a merry Christmas to all our sponsors and supporters and a happy and healthy new year.